Mercatus Co-operative Limited, the owner of AMK Hub, is committed to protecting your privacy and we will demonstrate reasonable care and respect in our treatment of any personal data that we may obtain from you.
From time to time, we may require your personal data (i.e. data which may identify you personally) when you deal, interact or transact with us e.g. if you participate in activities organized by AMK Hub. Your participation in such activities is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice in submitting your personal data.
1. Types of Personal Data Collected
The types of personal data that AMK Hub collects depend on the purposes/ occasions for the collection or the nature of the activity/ transaction involved. We may collect the following types of data which may amount to personal data:
- Name, NRIC or other identification number, date of birth, address, contact number, CCTV footage, photographs, email address or IP address;
- An individual’s spending or redemption data such as date of purchases, purchase amount, shop name, date of redemption and redemption item(s); or
- Demographic data such as gender, age, area of residence, monthly income.
If you provide personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information about your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been given/obtained for our collection, use and disclosure of their personal data in connection with the purposes specified below and that such personal data is accurate and complete.
2. Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure
Generally, AMK Hub may collect, use and/ or disclose personal data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate redemption activities. For instance, if you wish to redeem an item from us, your personal data is collected and/ or used to verify your identification and process your redemption.
- To facilitate lucky draws or other contests or activities conducted by AMK Hub. For instance, if you participate in a lucky draw, your personal data may also be used to contact you or to notify you subsequently if you win a prize.
- To improve our services. For instance, if you participate in our surveys, we may use your feedback/ suggestions to improve the shopping experience at AMK Hub.
- To inform you of AMK Hub’s promotions and updates. For instance, if you subscribe to AMK Hub’s mailing list, we may communicate with you via e-mail updates in relation to special offers or activities offered by AMK Hub and AMK Hub shops.
- To process and respond to your enquiries, feedback, requests, complaints or incident reports. For instance, if you send feedback to AMK Hub, we may use your contact information to communicate with you.
- To generate internal reports such as annual, operational or management reports.
- For security purposes. For instance, if you enter AMK Hub’s premises, surveillance cameras may capture your images. Your photographs may also be captured if you attend events or activities held on AMK Hub’s premises.
- To resolve any disputes which may arise between AMK Hub and you.
- For any investigation or proceedings where your personal data is relevant. For instance, if you wish to report to us an incident at AMK Hub’s premises, we may collect your particulars to respond to you or conduct further investigations.
- To process and administer any insurance claims or payments arising under or in connection with incidents.
- To comply with applicable laws.
- For evaluative purposes as defined under the Act;
- For other specific purposes for which your personal data was provided.
Disclosure to Third Parties
AMK Hub may disclose your personal data to law enforcement or government agencies for security/legal purposes. AMK Hub also has the right to share your personal data as is necessary to prevent a threat to the life, health or security of an individual. AMK Hub may disclose personal data, as is necessary, to investigate suspected unlawful activities including but not limited to fraud and intellectual property rights infringement.
AMK Hub gives you the option of opting out of receiving newsletters and marketing materials from us. If you do not wish to receive any marketing materials from us, you can indicate your preference at the Information Counter of AMK Hub.
For newsletters and marketing materials communicated to you via email, you may opt-out of receiving them by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the latest email containing such newsletter or material or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate that you wish to unsubscribe.
You may also withdraw your consent in relation to other purposes by writing to us. Where applicable, AMK Hub will inform you of the likely consequences of such withdrawal. If you have given your consent for multiple purposes, please note that your personal data may still be collected, disclosed and used for purposes for which no withdrawal of consent was made. Please note that even upon complete withdrawal of consent, AMK Hub may still retain Personal Data necessary for legal and business reasons or as may be required by law.
AMK Hub may, upon your written request to us, allow you to access your personal data in our possession or control.
AMK Hub has the right to reject frivolous or vexatious requests or requests for trivial information or any request on other grounds provided under the Act.
AMK Hub will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as allowed/ required by applicable laws.
AMK Hub needs your assistance to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate. As such, please inform AMK Hub of any changes or errors in your personal data by contacting AMK Hub and submitting your updated particulars to AMK Hub in writing. AMK Hub may also request from you updates on your personal data from time to time.
7. Protection and Verification
The security of your personal data is important to us. We will protect your personal data by adopting reasonable measures to reduce the risks of unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
AMK Hub may adopt verification practices and processes to verify your identity or to process your requests. For example, when you redeem a gift with AMK Hub, AMK Hub may require your personal data such as your telephone number to call or interact with you.
Such cookies may be used to identify you. AMK Hub is not responsible for any third party cookies.
You may block cookies on your web browser but some of the features of AMK Hub’s website may then not function properly. By blocking cookies, not all features and functions of the AMK Hub’s website will function properly, we may not receive/be able to process your requests and some of the transactions/activities may not be completed as a result.
10. Contact Us
Mercatus Co-operative Limited, AMK Hub 53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, #03-13, Singapore 569933 or email@example.com.